We were called in to help a local graphics company expand its existing network into a vacant area of the building that the company was expanding into. The new office space was already wired with high speed data lines. We installed a network switch to the existing cables and then connected the switch to the company's existing router to deliver wired data throughout the facility.
Wireless access was also needed but the signal being delivered through the existing wireless router was not dependable. We ran some tests and determined that on average there was about 58% packet loss when trying to communicate over the wireless network.
We quickly logged into their wireless access point to review their settings and noticed that the channel that was setup was the default wireless signal. We changed frequencies and channel and then tested out the connections. Wireless connectivity went from 58% packet loss to 0% packet loss with a download speed of over 10Mbps...